Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Femininity

Lately, I've been dressing in a far more feminine manner than usual. I'm lusting after silk camis, cashmere shrugs and beautiful chiffon dresses; bad news, as I already own far too many clothes. For a long time, my general style has been messy Parisian chic (skinny jeans, leopard print and tux jackets) by day and then the Dolce woman (Bellucci, corsetry and killer heels) by night. Perhaps it's due to the abundance of kimonos and general 1920s referencing that I'm seeing a lot of at present?

On the subject of fashion, I don't like to copy trends but I'm interested in the emergence of fetish and 40s glamour on the AW11 catwalks. I remember being hugely dismayed at some of last season's efforts (colour blocking and "lux" sports clothes really don't grab me) but I'm quite excited about the new trends.

Harper's Bazaar is worth grabbing this month for a few words from D&G and some amazing Helmut Newton shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment