Sunday, April 24, 2011

Other Ones

Those other ones, they're just there. They're not you. I don't even feel drawn to them. They're just there. Vying to catch my attention. I think of the electricity that shot between us. Or was that just me? Did I take that spark too soon? I couldn't stand to let it pass by until another time. I had the chance and I just had to. I could have been dead the day after but no, I'd found you. Now, I'm pulling this load around with me, trying to look fine, be fine, talk fine but all I got is hunger and it's right inside my bones. The hunger can't be quelled by food or drink or money or anyone else. I want you. When I'm trying to be better, I think of you. On dark hot nights, I want to be with you.  I can grope a kind of invisible barrier with my fingers betwen us but I'm not sure it was set up by you. I don't know what it is. Perhaps the barrier is mine. Never in my life have I felt so keen. But there's times, on these dark hot nights, when I got things I want to share with you. I want to see much more of you but I'm a proud girl and god knows I can never hound you. My pride won't allow me to. I feel like a bird sitting on a fence, watching those other ones, without joy or passion. They're too stupid to even try make a move. They just like to stare. I get sick of people staring at my face. Anyone other than you would be a second choice. I don't got that ache in the throat yet but when it's dark and hot, I start to thinking of you. Just so you know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment